How has it come around to Wednesday already! Today we’re doing a little catch-up and finishing up a few things that have been started and still need to be completed. The weather the past two days was so lovely we just couldn’t stay indoors so we went out to work by the sea…of course, more time was spent chatting and enjoying the view than work; but it has to happen now and again to keep us all sane. While we were out we ran into Fireman Graham and I was reminded of Tristan’s interview with him a couple of years ago. Our town is small enough that one member who has a Facebook page each week chooses someone around town to feature as a community person of the week – yes, in fact anyone can be a community helper! For this week’s What to Read Wednesday, the theme is books about community helpers. Check them out and let me know your favourite community helper in the comments.
This post contains affiliate links.
Books About Community Helpers
It can be difficult to choose books for toddlers and young children. That’s why we have What To Read Wednesday! Each week a few of us put together a great selection of books on a given topic and bring them to you to help narrow down the choices for you.
To make things even easier for you, I have provided Amazon links to these books for both my American and British readers. The American links are the title of the book, and the UK links are in brackets. Enjoy!
- Jobs People Do (UK link is here)
- Whose Hands Are These?: A Community Helper Guessing Book (UK link is here)
- The Berenstain Bears: Jobs Around Town (UK link is here)
- Nurses Help (UK link is here)
- Helpers in My Community (UK link is here)
- A Day in the Life of an Emergency Medical Technician (UK link is here)
- Hooray for Farmers! (UK link is here)
- Let’s Meet a Librarian (UK link is here)
- Neighborhood & Community Write & Read Books: 15 Reproducible Nonfiction Books on Homes, Community Helpers, Transportation, and More—That Your Students Help Write! (UK link here)