Winnie The Pooh is a children’s classic and this year celebrates the 90th anniversary of A. A. Milne’s cute creation. January 18th is also A. A. Milne’s birthday. This year we thought we’d join this story in with a geography lesson for the kids to combine their Canadian-British cultures. We’re also joining in a blog hop of Winnie The Pooh crafts and activities, so read on for more information.
I’ve often used the interesting fact that Winnie The Pooh was named after Winnipeg, Canada when talking with people around the world. It was especially useful to break the ice with my students in Japan! We could look up Winnipeg on the world map, and then travel west along the TransCanada Highway and find my hometown of Regina.
My children enjoy learning about geography, so in celebration of this occasion I’ve created a 14 page printable that is free to my subscribers. In it you’ll find the story of how a little black bear from Canada came to be world famous, maps to chart the locations of Winnie the Pooh, pages to draw maps and pictures, as well as writing frames to answer questions about what might be missed if you were to move.
To access your copy, simply sign up for our emails and you’ll find a link and password at the bottom of the emails that will give you access to this free printable, as well as all the past subscriber freebies that we’ve done.
Winnie The Pooh Day Blog Hop
And now on to the Blog Hop. Peakle Pie has coordinated and inspired all of us to get creative and in the link up below you’ll find snacks, games, and crafts with Winnie The Pooh in mind.
Please stop by and have a look at these fun Winnie The Pooh ideas from my friends:
- Make These Cute Paper Plate Piglets from Peakle Pie
- Winnie the Pooh Book Review from Witty Hoots
- Winnie-the-Pooh’s Honey Snacks from Kelly’s Classroom
- Playing Winnie the Pooh’s Favourite Game – Pooh Sticks from Play & Learn Everyday
- Where in The World is Winnie The Pooh? from Castle View Academy
- Simple Art for Little Girl’s Room With Free Printable from Play Dough & Popsicles
- DIY Winnie The Pooh Letters from Adventures of Adam
- Whimsical Winnie the Pooh Kids Birthday Party from Crafty Mama in ME
- Paper Plate Winnie the Pooh Craft from In the Playroom
- Winnie the Pooh Play Doh Invitation to Play from Something 2 Offer
- Winnie the Pooh Sensory Bin from Raising Little Superheroes
- DIY Winnie The Pooh Figurines from Mama Smiles